domingo, 8 de febrero de 2009

Marchar!

Ugh. So I hadn't stayed out until late since December, and I always forget how lame it is to wake up at like 1 the next day and get that little look and tsk tsk tsk from Imelda (my Senora). Not to mention, Blas (my dog) barks when you open the door, so the whole world knows what time you came back and has to wake up when you do.

That said, I had a great time out with a bunch of the new kids from the spring semester. I had gone out with Laura and Molly (ostensibly to the appletini bar, but they apparently don't make them any more, which is sad) to meet up with one of Molly's friends from high school who was staying in Madrid. Tragically, the hotel people wouldn't let us into their hotel to hang out so we ended up bumping into another kid from the program in McDonalds (don't judge: they're the cleanest free bathrooms that are open until late) and went out to another bar to hang with a bunch of kids. It actually closed really early and, in all my infinite wisdom, I decided I didn't need a Bujo (night bus) to get back to Manuel Becerra (where I live), even though like six of them pass through there. I had walked the same distance three times already that day, but logic always fails me late at night. So of course what takes 20 minutes sober in chucks, takes nearly an hour intoxicated and in heels. Such is life. I have blisters.

Today is Sunday. Time for homework!

No hay comentarios: