martes, 10 de marzo de 2009

Part 18½ in the 97 part series on private education in spain: why the american revolution was actually alright

Some of you may (or probably not, because no one actually reads this but me) remember when, in Part 1 in the 97 part series on private education in spain, I explained that my prof spent most of the first class telling us why the American revolution was unimportant, useless, and that America was really not relevant until the first world war. So today, while discussing England's role in WWI, he segues and looking right at me says, "Actually, you guys did well in revolting against the British. They are pretty stupid." Well, he said that in Spanish, and that's my best translation. It was less awkwardly phrased in Spanish.

Non sequitur: This prof always talks to us in tú and vosotros (informal you, singular and plural respectively) but we always have to talk to him in usted (formal you). I miss the good ol US of A where you can call your professors by their first names. Also, I hate usted. I've almost forgotten how to use it because I never talk to elders or non-peers. Urgh. Grammar! *shakes fist*

Conclusion: apparently we did well what with the little, irrelevant revolution we had a few years back...yay us!

No hay comentarios: